Saturday, April 16, 2011

When did THAT happen!?!

I'm a photographer, among other things... mostly all less glamorous. From time to time I'll have my 11 year old shoot a few shots of me...you know the ones, tight face and boob shot only... so that your not showing all of the weight you gained and are loosing to darn slowly... She's got a pretty good eye and when she's done, then I work my magic in Photoshop. It's a given I'm going to make myself 10% thinner, hair my original vibrant color, and let's see, what else...hmmm.... soften the image to soften my skin? Nah, do I need to do that already? I mean sure I do it for my clients but I'm just 36...how much of a difference will it make... really? I'm hovering over the keyboard thinking do I really want to know?! Big freaking sigh and I hit the button... HOLY HELL!!! I look 18 again... so I ask you...when did that happen!!?? Apparently we get so wrapped up in the day to day responsibilities and living that we forget that we're aging...quickly. My dear friend and fellow blog writer has been saying to me for a while, my skin is different and I hate it! Well now that I see the difference I'm with you sister... I HATE IT TO. But I tell you this much... I will not go quietly and gracefully, no I will NOT. I will now drink all the water I should have been all these years, I will now be sleeping way way more, I will now be giving Cindy Crawford a second look on her late night infomercial. Am I afraid to age and grow old? Maybe... I have a lot more I need and want to do in life...and life, it's way way to short...but I think what I really am afraid of is that I'm letting things in my life age me and it's not going to continue. I want laugh lines, not frown lines. If I'm going to age, it's going to be on my terms and doing what I want to do...not because of what gets thrown at me. I'd rather have people say about me, she's aged to perfection rather then she aged before her time! So that is a new goal. I'll keep you posted on how Cindy and I do and how I do developing laugh lines...and yes, I will be hitting that soften button on everything from here on out. Not gonna lie about that... well at least not to you. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment