Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Small Boobed Girl, in a Big Boobed World, Part II

When last I wrote, I was left with the thought that had not occurred to me before purchasing a bra - I was clearly not meant to have big boobs. With large breasts comes issues I have never had to deal with before. Small boobed girls don't have to worry about their breasts entering a room before they do. I was walking into walls; I was opening the car door on them. On more than one occasion, I voiced a concern of getting into an ethical dilemma that might unintentionally involve an misguided victim in the the old "bait and switch." It's like letting a buyer view a Mercedes and drive away in a Kia. Doesn't quite seem fair. But that isn't the worst of it...

Back to the night out on the town with my beautiful, big-boobed girlfriends. It was my first real outing in this contraption. The plan is for dinner and drinks. We make our way to the restaurant and have a seat in a booth. Houston, we have a problem. I am short girl remember. This booth is one of those that drop you way down in the seat. This means that my boobs literally are resting on the table. I can't lean back; I can't lean forward; I can't shift my body to the side. No matter how I move, the girls are laying on the table as if invited guests to this party. We order and dinner comes. I can't see my plate. I can't lean over my plate, as is proper etiquette not to spill on oneself. I am learning that even eating can be problematic with large breasts. Funny, the other girls in the booth with the big hooters don't seem to be bothered by this? Feeling as if I forgot to read the user manual before putting this thing on...

In taking a bite of salad, somewhere between the plate and my mouth, a lone piece of lettuce falls right down the front of my shirt and between the boobs. Without missing a beat, my beloved aforementioned friend reaches right in, without looking, and pulls the lettuce out of of my bra. As smooth as a veteran mother picking up the dropped sippy-cup from a toddler. I just look at her. She continues talking and eating as if nothing ever happened.

So, what I have learned from all of this:

1. Buyer beware. (And I don't mean the buyer with the intention of purchasing said bra.) Just because it looks good on the outside, doesn't mean it's well built behind the scenes.

2. If you are dumb enough to spend that kind of money on something so superficial and superfluous, you'd better suffer through it and get your money's worth. (Translation: I hate that bra with a fiery passion, but I wear it at least a couple times a week.)

3. Every girl should have friends like mine. Regardless of their bra size.

2 comments:

  1. Me to!! I'm a lucky girl to have girls like you!
    Only a true friend would fish salad out of your bra...oh man...I can see it in my head again right now!! :)

    ReplyDelete